Wednesday 1 February 2012

Updates, CNY purchases

As I mentioned in the last post, I purchased a few items during the CNY festivities in China Town. I finally got around to taking a few pictures of some of the items today, so check them out :)

Item 1: Fan :)

 

It's a typical paper fan, with a cute design- but as I didn't have one, I thought it'd come in handy. Me and Kooly both got the same one ^^. 

Close-up of fan
Item 2: Chopsticks/ chopstick holder


I have to admit, I have heaps of chopsticks at home already. Why buy more? Well, these chopsticks came with a really cute purple holder, and as I didn't have any holders I decided to purchase it mainly for that. Also, Kooly brought me the metal one pictured, which is something to add to the list :)

Item 3: Drum


The traditional designs on this drum really made me want to buy it. Very inexpensive but definitely unique.

There were a few other items brought that I've not mentioned, mainly chains and key-rings etc but I guess you get the gist :)

-------------------------------------------------------

Updates:

Firstly, an update to the laptop situation. After fiddling about with it, I discovered that the laptop itself was fine, but the screen was faulty. I left it for a few days, as I had to stay over at relatives, so when I got back and played about with the screen a bit, you can imagine how relieved I was when the screen turned back on. It still needs a little adjusting, but the main thing is I can use it.

The family visit was awesome though. My lovely aunt even gifted me this cute perfume set before I left:


There are a few things that I wanted to mention but I think I will wait until the time comes. We'll see how it goes inshaAllah. So, until next time...

...Toodles!

2 comments:

  1. nice picks !

    thanks for visiting my blog, hope you enjoyed!

    xx shay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heya Shay, thanks for the comment. Your blog is awesome, which is why I visit ^^ Hope you're well x

      Delete