Sunday 26 February 2012

Sunshine lollipops and family candydrops.


This picture says it all! My two lovely sisters having fun against a sunset backdrop. Alhamdullilah, I thank God everyday for my family.

Yesterday the sun came out from hiding, so I decided to have a mini picnic with the family and make the most of it. Even though I didn't really have time to go out and and buy a few treats for the picnic, I luckily managed to find a few goodies (including ice-cream) lurking in the fridge.

The atmosphere was really nice..and it was nice to the sky looking so blue. Even the cotton-candy looking clouds looked so awesome that I just had to capture it on camera haha~


We took quite a few snaps, although I look quit awkward in most of them I must say. I'd only arrived home 4pm and as sunset was around 5.30pm we didn't really have long to get ready, get the food ready, and go out to enjoy the last remaining specs of sunlight. Nonetheless, spontaneous outings can be fun and it's always nice to have a have a little get together ^^.


Plus, I had this entire tub of ice-cream to myself (although I must add I didn't eat it all :D), which had cookie dough chuncks inside and chocolate chip. Not the best I'v ever tasted, but definitely lovely.


Finally we went to the children's playground area where I sat feeling rather old haha. It seemed like only yesterday when I used to climb the jungle gym and play on the swings (although the swings aren't totally crossed off my list just yet, let's just say >.<). Really awesome day.


Till next time inshaAllah, toodles :)

8 comments:

  1. WOw mashallah. That seemed like it was awesome. Alhamdoolilah sis you were born with a great loving family, that is truly a blessing. Also, I LOVE chocolate cookie dough ice cream!

    http://furiouslyfabmuslima.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sis, mashaAllah was an awesome day and you're totally right Alhamdullilah. Truly blessed. Lol cookie dough icecream was fab, though my latest obsession these days seems to be the strawberry cheesecake icecream (even though I'm not even a cheesecake fan). :) x

      Delete
  2. Hey sister! These moments are rare in UK so you have to grab them when you can! I went to the park with my girls on Saturday just b4 maghrib and the walk was fab but it got too cold so we had t jump in the car. As soon zs temp goes up we are having a picnic inshaAllah, even if we have it in the back garden!
    Hey Funky boots mashaAllah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there sis! I know right, the weather here is so unpredictable! That sounds so nice mashallah, walks are always lovely, and yesterday was a little chillier than saturday for sure! And thankies dear, those boots are so comfy I'm starting to get too attached lol ^^

      Delete
  3. Family times are always great, I remember many picnics like this that I had with my parents and siblings when we were younger. Sadly that doesn't happen a lot now that everybody's grown old and gone "busy".
    Love your scarf btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean :) I'm the oldest by several years though, so whenever we have outings it definitely helps bring out the child in me lol. Thanks for your kind words dear, much appreciated :)

      Delete
  4. Assalamualaikum, Lula..
    I do enjoy your pictures so much. There's intimacy between you and your reader. Keep posting those beautiful pictures for us, Lula :)

    Greetings from Indonesia
    xx
    http://heilyra.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wa aleykum salaam wr wb. Thanks so much sis for the support. I'll do my best inshaAllah <3

      Delete