Wednesday 18 January 2012

Owls, owls, owls!


Lately, I've found myself addicted to buying anything with owls on it. Perhaps it's the eyes, but there's something about owls that make them seem mystical. Ever since I took a primary school picture with an owl (let me see if I can fish this picture out to show you guys- as horrid as it is), I've found them to be really unique creatures. Granted, my favourite animal by far is still a bunny, but owls come in at a strong second. Perhaps a little bit of Harry Potter may have rubbed off on me... I want a Hedwig of my own now T.T

During the past few weeks I've come across several owl pieces- mainly rings, necklaces, brooches... and as I wore my owl ring today I thought it would be nice to show some of my pieces. Below are some pics I took today of a few items, starting with the owl ring that I wore today.


The next piece is an owl necklace that I've seen on so many people lately. Back during my first year of university, a friend of mine had this necklace on. I remember asking her where she'd got it, and then going the next day to that same store... only to find that it was sold out >.<  I totally forgot about it until a couple of weeks ago when, as luck would have it, I saw one randomly hanging in a jewellery shop- yup, I took it straight to the counter.


And Lastly... the Pièce de résistance...


My owl brooch. As someone who wears a headscarf, it's nice to have something unique to accesorise your hijab with. I found this cute brooch at a shop and instantly the red (which happens to be my favourite colour) caught my attention. The fact that it was an owl was the cherry on top. This brooch is probably best worn with less busy patterns/slightly plain clothes to add a pop of colour. I, on the other hand, wear it on whatever, as the picture below will show you.

I don't care what anyone says.. owls are awesome. Period. So... to finish off, here's a rather awkward picture of me with an owl from over 10 years ago. Yup, I've come a long way since then :D 


No comments:

Post a Comment